Dear Point Cook College Families,
You are invited to come on a wild and wacky adventure as we meet the much loved characters from the famous Dr Seuss Books. On Thursday 31st August and Friday 1st of September over 50 students from PCC will be performing in our very first school musical “Seussical Jr’ at the Wyndham Cultural Centre (Watton Street Werribee). Each night the performance will begin at 7pm sharp and conclude at approximately 8:30pm. Tickets cost $20 adults and $12 per child (age 2-16) and can be purchased at the school office.
Looking forward to seeing you there to support PCC’s first ever musical.
Important Dates - August
- 1st - Prep 100 Days of School
- 1st - Marine Biology Pathways Excursion Best friend's Pet Shop
- 1st - College Tour 9:15-10:15am
- 2nd - Parents and Friends Association meeting 2-3pm
- 2nd - College Council 6-7pm
- 4th - Prep Lunch in a box day
- 4th - Year 6 Interschool Sport - Soccer Training (Girls)
- 7th - Bali Parent Meeting 6:30-7:30pm
- 8th - 5-9 Layer Up Day
- 8th - Year 6 Interschool Sport Regional Finals - AFL Girls
- 9th - Year 5 & 6 Bali Tour Fundraising Lunch
- 9th - Year 6 Interschool Sport- Soccer Girls
- 10th - Prep- Year 6 Disco Day!
- 11th - Tree Planting Day (Green Gang 5/6 with Year 3s)
Woolworths Earn & Learn Program
Woolworths are running the Earn & Learn program again this year. For every $10 spent you will be able to get a token. Tokens can be redeemed for school resources. Point Cook College will be participating in the program.
There will be a collection box in the library where tokens can be posted. We managed to get many fantastic resources for our school from this program last time such as beebots for our coding and a skeleton for the drawing program in art.
If you have any questions please contact the library.
Extra Curricular Activities Calendar
Click on this link to download the PCC Extra Curricular Activities Calendar. It can also be found on the PCC website under Our College - College Policies and Accountabilities
Please Note - This calendar is a live document and changes every two weeks, events get added and events get taken off. Costs are approximates.
Engagement and Wellbeing
Please click read more to find out about PCC Engagement and Wellbeing information and events including:
- Nationally Consistent Collection of Data
- Dressing for the Weather
- Dental Check Ups
P-4 News and Events
P-4 Newsletters/Learning Overviews
Please click on the links below to download the Term 3 P-4 Newsletters/Learning Overviews:
Prep 100 Days of School Celebration
Next week (Tuesday the 1st of August) the Preps will be celebrating 100 Days of School! They are going to do lots of activities based on the number 100. As the Preps have worked so hard we would like to let them have a ‘rest’ by letting them wear their pajamas to school (as will the Prep teachers!).
To help support this special day we ask you to:
- Send your child in comfortable pajamas, with a dressing gown for extra warmth outside and sturdy slippers or shoes (they will still be playing outside, so they need to wear footwear they can play in).
- Help your child find something to do with the number 100 that they can bring to school - this could be 100 items (small ones e.g. buttons, beads etc.), something with the number 100 on it or even a photo of someone or something that is 100 years old!
The Prep Team
Year 1/2 Excursion to Melbourne Museum and Imax
As a part of our history unit the 1/2 team will be attending the Melbourne Museum and Imax. The students will take part in the First Peoples school program and spend time in the Melbourne exhibit, learning about the history of Melbourne. Students will also attend a session at the Imax cinema, where they will watch Dinosaurs Prehistoric Planet 3D.
Monday the 4th Sep Team Emerald – 1CB, 2H, 2C, 2S
Tuesday the 5th Sep Team Sapphire – 1A, 1CK, 1S, 1G, 2EL, 2V
Wednesday the 6th Sep Team Diamond – 1Z, 1P, 2M, 2P, 2B, 1O
Note will be sent out via COMPASS closer to the dates
5-9 News & Events
5-9 Learning Snapshots
Please click on the links below to download the Term 3 5-9 Learning Snapshots:
Please click read more to find out about the following Community News:
- The Fancy Dress Disco for Prep to Year 6 students
- Special Lunch Orders
- Road Safety
- Cooking Classes for PCC Parents
- Parents and Friends Association
- Indigenous Literacy Day Book Swap
EAL & Community Partnerships Leader
People of PCC
This week we would like to introduce you to Annabelle Gornia, our First Aid Officer.
EAL & Community Partnerships Leader
eSmart Week 2017
Point Cook College is participating in the Alannah & Madeline Foundation’s National eSmart Week from 4-8 September 2017. Please read more on the College Blog.
What's Happening in Science
Please click read more to find out about the following Science News:
The school now has active worm farms, they may look like normal rubbish bins but they are home to hundreds of worms working hard to break down our left over food scraps, excluding onion and citrus. Feel free to come over to the SAKG garden and take a look, and be inspired to start your own at home.